Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 hours
This is a great fall and winter dish that’s as easy as it is delicious! It’s perfect for working families, since you can do the prep in the morning before work or school and give the roast plenty of time to reach maximum tenderness levels!
Chuck Roast, 2-4 pounds
CostaLivos Reserve Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar
Lipton Recipe Secrets, Beefy Onion
CostaLivos Butter Olive Oil or Butter
- In the Crock-Pot, mix one packet of Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion with 1 cup of water. Add 1-2 tbsp of CostaLivos Reserve Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar, then stir until smooth.
- Sear the roast on both sides – Place a frying pan over a large burner, turn on High. Allow pan to get hot while you prep the roast. Use either butter or CostaLivos Butter flavor olive oil to lightly coat the roast on both sides; then place in hot pan and cook until each side is well browned.
- Place the roast in the Crock-Pot and spoon a little bit of the braising sauce over it. Add additional water if needed to have about half of the roast in the liquid and half above it. Allow the roast to cook in the crock-pot for about 8 hours.
- After cooking, if you wish to thicken the jus into a gravy, mix ¼ cup of flour with 2 tbsp of lukewarm water until smooth, then add to the jus in the Crock-Pot. Stir into the jus and allow the mixture to cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. Sidenote: This will make a fairly thick gravy, feel free to modify the amount of flour and water to your personal preference.
Butter for greasing pan
3 blood oranges
1 cup sugar
Approx. ½ cup buttermilk
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup CostaLivos Blood Orange Olive Oil
Whipped cream, for serving, optional
Honey-blood orange compote, for serving, optional (see note)
1-2 teaspoons honey
3 blood oranges
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
2. Grate zest from 2 oranges and place in a large bowl with sugar. Using your fingers, rub ingredients together until orange zest is evenly distributed in sugar.
3. Supreme one of the zested oranges: Cut off bottom and top so fruit is exposed and orange can stand upright on a cutting board. Cut away peel and pith, slicing just inside the membrane for each fruit section. Cut orange segments out of their connective membranes and let them fall into a bowl. Repeat with the second zested orange. Break up segments with your fingers to about ½ -¼ inch pieces.
4. Halve remaining orange and squeeze juice from each half into a measuring cup, to obtain approximately ¼ cup. Add buttermilk to juice until you have 2/3 cup liquid altogether. Pour mixture into bowl with zest and sugar and whisk well. Whisk in eggs.
5. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently whisk dry ingredients into wet ones. Switch to a spatula and whisk in CostaLivos Blood Orange Olive Oil a little at a time. Gently fold in pieces of orange segments. Scrape batter into greased pan and smooth top.
6. Bake cake for about 55 minutes, or until it is golden and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes, then remove cake from pan and cool to room temperature right-side up. Serve with whipped cream and honey-blood orange compote.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Note: To make a honey-blood orange compote, supreme 3 more blood oranges according to directions in Step 3. Drizzle in 1 to 2 teaspoons honey. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir gently.
2 tbsp of CostaLivos Cask 8 Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp of CostaLivos Italian Herb Blend Olive Oil
3 large tomatoes, ripe but firm
1 (16 ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese
16 fresh basil leaves
¼ teaspoon coarse sea Salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Slice your tomatoes and fresh mzzarella into approximately 1/2 inch slices.
Arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices in layers with fresh basil on your platter.
Drizzle with ¼ cup of CostaLivos Italian Herb Olive Oil and Cask 8 Balsamic Vinegar.
Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, then serve.
1 lb Russet, Yukon Gold, or Red potatoes, washed
¼ cup CostaLivos Italian Herb Blend Olive Oil
1 tsp parsley, fresh or dried
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Prep time: 1 hour
-Preheat oven to 450°F, cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
-Cut potatoes into 1-inch thick wedges, set aside.
-Whisk together CostaLivos Italian Herb Blend Olive Oil with spices, then toss potatoes in seasoning mixture.
-Spread seasoned potatoes in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet, bake until edges are golden brown and crispy (approx. 30-40 minutes).
Chicken-Apple Sausage Salad
12oz chicken-apple sausage, sliced in ½ inch pieces
1 tsp Costalivos Butter Olive Oil
1 cup baby spinach
3 cups salad greens
1 cup romaine lettuce
1 cup fresh blueberries
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup crumbled goat cheese
¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
2 tbsp Costalivos Fig Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Costalivos Blood Orange Olive Oil
½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
½ tsp finely ground sea salt
1 tsp honey (to taste)
-Prep time: 15 minutes
-Sauté chicken sausage in Costalivos Butter Olive Oil over medium-high heat until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
-Combine baby spinach, salad greens, lettuce, berries, pecans, and sausage in a large bowl.
-In a small bowl, whisk together Costalivos Fig Balsamic Vinegar, Costalivos Blood Orange Olive Oil, salt, pepper, and honey.
-Add dressing to salad greens, toss gently.
-Sprinkle with goat cheese and serve.
4 lbs bone-in chicken (legs, breasts, or wings)
1 & ½ cups white vinegar
1 cup CostaLivos Arbequina Olive Oil
2 tbsp coarse sea salt
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
-Prep time: 15 minutes, up to 24 hours
-In a large blender, combine CostaLivos Arbequina Olive Oil, vinegar, egg, and spices. Pulse until well blended. Reserve ¼ cup for basting.
-Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for 2-24 hours. The longer the marinating time, the stronger the marinade flavor will be.
-Grill chicken over medium-high heat, basting every 5-10 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 170°F, then serve.
Garlic Steak Seasoning
2 1-inch thick steaks (ribeye, NY strip, or porterhouse)
2 tbsp Costalivos Garlic Olive Oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp coarse sea salt
½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
-Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
-Preheat grill to high heat.
-Rub each side of steak with Costalivos Garlic Olive Oil.
-Liberally sprinkle each side of steak with garlic, salt, and black pepper.
-Grill steaks for 5-10 minutes each side until well-browned and internal temperature reaches 145°F, then serve.